Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Dream

(I chose this picture to represent Banquo's dream. This is because since he is dreaming about the three witches and his prophecy, it would make more sense if he went back to the scene. )


This is a picture of the scene when the three weird sisters, told me about my prophecy. Where I am the father of kings, though I will not be one myself. This means that my son will be rein the throne after Macbeth. What joy it brings to me, however I sense that Macbeth does not feel that way about it.

Today I dreamt about the three weird sisters. The dream I dreamt last night was different from the ones I usually have. It was about the witches prophecy and how my son Fleance would rein the throne after Macbeth. However it was a restless night. I was tired and feeling heavy, but I could not sleep. The constant nightmares that I dreamt kept me awake. I decided to take a short walk, when I notice another figure there too. I soon came to realize it was Macbeth. I told him about how I dreamt about the three weird sisters the night before. I told him that what the witches had said in their prophecy was true. He had told me that he does not think about what the witches had said anymore. However, the way he instantly replied back to my comment made me feel suspicious. Almost as if he was lying to me. According to my instincts I believe that Macbeth most likely had considered what the witches had said to him. I feel this way because, the witches had stated that Macbeth was soon to be the thane of Glamis and the thane of Cawdor, and as they had predicted two of them had become true. I know he would have thought about it, because it is a miracle that what the witches had said had become true, but why would be lie to me? Macbeth had instead told me that we could sometime meet up together and talk about it more if I am willing too. I am wondering if Macbeth is up to something.  
(Lavanya Balachandran )

No comments:

Post a Comment